SERVICES AND PLANTS
EFFICIENCY INTERVENTIONS ON LINES AND EXISTING MACHINERYEureka Esco offers the opportunity to increase the efficiency of obsolete electric motors through the substitution with more performing machine or through the pairing with inverter.
HIGH EFFICIENCY MOTOR
- In the industrial sector the amount of the electricity usage linked to electric motors is about 74%. It is clear that if their efficiency i slow, this will have repercussions on the company’s energy costs.
- Substitution of electric motors with top performing ones is an efficacy intervention which is quick, relatively simple and with quick returns on the invested capital.
- High performance motors can lead to a potential reduction on the usage of 20%.
- High efficiency motors (EFF1) for their specific design characteristics and paired with an inverter, create a real time adaptive system of the motor absorptions to the load conditions of the applications, supplying only the real necessary power. This allows:
- Less maintenance costs
- 50% and more savings, reducing wear and a longer plant lifespan
The aim of rephasing is mostly that of lowering energy losses and reducing the apparent power absorption proportional to pre-existing machinery and lines in an industrial site.
Reasons to rephase the plant
- The Institution which distributes electricity imposed contractual clauses through the CIP tariff (n° 12/1984 and n°26/1989) which forces the user to rephase its plants, under penalty of a fine.
- To reduce the loss of active energy, caused by the joule effect on the downstream distribution cables of the meter and the voltage drops generated by the higher currents caused by the reactive power absorption. The increased currents which come from this, make it necessary to overload the company’s electric plant (Diameter of the cables, transformers power etc..) compared to the effective needs of active power.
The rephasing of the electrical industrial plant correctly resized represent the technological intervention with the lowest pay-back time. Generally it pays back after a few months.
HIGH EFFICIENCY UPS
An uninterruptible power supply, also uninterruptible power source, UPS or battery/flywheel backup, is an electrical apparatus that provides emergency power to a load when the input power source, typically mains power, fails.
It is essential in places where electrical machinery cannot, in any case, be without electricity (For example in public places such as hospitals, centrals, transmission centers, data centers etc..) avoiding the creation of a disservice in a big or smaller scale. UPS systems protect these structures from voltage fluctuations, peaks or power downs, rate fluctuation, providing autonomy or temporary power to overcome the time-lapse between the loss and the power restoration or switching to a backup generator.
The usage of more efficient UPS systems can contribute to the reduction of costs and electricity.
When the full load of the data center machinery is powered by an UPS system, even small improvements in the system efficiency can generate considerable savings on the annual costs.
Eureka E.S.CO. is able to do the preliminary analysis of the investment, the supply, the installation and the paperwork to obtain The White Certificates/Energy saving certificates.