Eureka Esco offers the opportunity to increase the efficiency of obsolete electric motors through the substitution with more performing machine or through the pairing with inverter.
HIGH EFFICIENCY MOTOR
- In the industrial sector the amount of the electricity usage linked to electric motors is about 74%. It is clear that if their efficiency i slow, this will have repercussions on the company’s energy costs.
- Substitution of electric motors with top performing ones is an efficacy intervention which is quick, relatively simple and with quick returns on the invested capital.
- High performance motors can lead to a potential reduction on the usage of 20%.
- High efficiency motors (EFF1) for their specific design characteristics and paired with an inverter, create a real time adaptive system of the motor absorptions to the load conditions of the applications, supplying only the real necessary power. This allows:
- 50% and more savings, reducing wear and a longer plant lifespan
- Less maintenance costs.
- The Institution which distributes electricity imposed contractual clauses through the CIP tariff (n° 12/1984 and n°26/1989) which forces the user to rephase its plants, under penalty of a fine.
- To reduce the loss of active energy, caused by the joule effect on the downstream distribution cables of the meter and the voltage drops generated by the higher currents caused by the reactive power absorption. The increased currents which come from this, make it necessary to overload the company’s electric plant (Diameter of the cables, transformers power etc..) compared to the effective needs of active power.
Eureka E.S.CO. is able to do the preliminary analysis of the investment, the supply, the installation and the paperwork to obtain The White Certificates/Energy saving certificates.